Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, subscriptions for the streaming services have been rapidly increased. A streaming service provider is a subscription-based service offering online streaming of films and television programs. Most of these services are owned by a major film studio.
Today we are going to write about the top seven streaming service providers in the United States.
- Netflix: Netflix, Inc. is an American media services provider and production company headquartered in Los Gatos, California, founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. It started as a streaming video provider on 16 January 2007 and it has currently 183m+ subscribers all over the world.
- HBO Go: HBO Go is a TV Everywhere video-on-demand streaming service offered by the American premium cable network HBO. It is launched on 18 February 2010 in New York, United States. At present, it has over 140m+ subscribers in the United States.
- Prime Video: Prime Video, also marketed as Amazon Prime Video, is an American Internet video-on-demand service that is developed, owned, and operated by Amazon. It is launched on 7 September 2006 in Seattle, Washington, United States. Currently, it has 100m+ subscribers all over the world.
- Disney+: Disney+ is a subscription video-on-demand streaming service owned and operated by the Direct-to-Consumer & International subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. It launched its streaming service on 12 November 2019. It has over 54.5m+ subscribers from the United States, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Apple TV+: Apple TV+ is an ad-free subscription video-on-demand web television service of Apple Inc. that debuted on 1 November 2019. It has over 37.9m+ subscribers all over the world.
- Hulu: Hulu is an American subscription video-on-demand service fully controlled and majority-owned by Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, a business segment of The Walt Disney Company, with NBCUniversal, owned by Comcast, as an equity stakeholder. It is launched on 29 October 2007 in the United States. Hulu has over 30.4m+ subscribers from the United States and Japan.
- Youtube Premium: YouTube Premium is a paid membership that gives you an enhanced, uninterrupted experience across YouTube, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming. YouTube Premium benefits: • Ad-free videos: Watch videos without interruptions. The service was originally launched in November 2014 as Music Key, offering only advertisement-free streaming of music videos from participating labels on YouTube and Google Play Music. Later, it renamed YouTube Red and relaunched it on 31 October 2015 which offers advertisement-free access to all YouTube videos, as opposed to just music. On 17 May 2018, it rebranded its service as YouTube Premium. As per the latest report, it is planning to make some of the original content associated with the service available on an ad-supported basis. Currently, YouTube Premium has over 20m+ subscribers.