The fourth season of the American science fiction horror drama television series “Stranger Things”, called “Stranger Things 4“, was released worldwide on the streaming service Netflix in two volumes. The first set of seven episodes was released on May 27, 2022, and the second set, of two episodes, will be released on July 1, 2022. The events of the fourth season take place eight months after the end of the third season, as strange deaths tied to the Upside Down cause paranoia among Hawkins’ residents. The series has become the most watched English language series on Netflix. It has got so many positive responses and critical acclaim by the audience.
Netflix reported that by May 30, 2022, “Stranger Things 4” had been viewed for more than 287 million hours, breaking the previous first-week viewership record from season 2 of “Bridgerton” which had 193 million hours in its first week. Earlier seasons of “Stranger Things” also broke into the top 10 viewed programs in the same week as “Stranger Things 4”‘s release. [Source: www.deadline.com]
The total of 781.04 million hours watched puts “Stranger Things 4” in second place on the all-time overall list, since the first place goes to a non-English speaking series, “The Squid Game”. The Netflix ranking, that counts the first 28 days of each premiere, is led by the impressive 1.65 billion hours watched, which achieved the South Korean series worldwide.
Let’s have a look at the Netflix records “Stranger Things 4” has broken so far.
1) It was the biggest premiere weekend ever for an English language TV series on Netflix, with 286.79 Million hours viewed.
2) Season 4 was the first season to reach #1 in 83 countries on the Netflix Top 10.
3) The show hit #1 on the Top 10 lists in 91 countries, a first for an English TV series.
4) “Stranger Things 4” became the most watched season of English-language TV in a single week on Netflix, with an astounding 335.01M hours viewed in the last seven days.
5) The series hit into the #3 spot on our Most Popular TV list just 10 days after its premiere, with a striking 621.80M hours viewed. [Source: www.tvfanatic.com]
To report a factual error in any of the posts on FilmiFeed.com, please use this form. We endeavor to be promptly responsive in correcting errors in the material published on digital platforms. You can also use the following email to report directly: