We are all aware that World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes are each exceptional games in their own right, and they are deserving of the attention and acclaim that they deserve. However, what about those players who don’t want to limit themselves to a single style of combat or to a single vehicle type? So, this is where the strategy game War Thunder comes in! War Thunder is a multiplayer online battle arena video game that allows players to command tanks, bombers, and battleships over a number of different battlefields.
In light of the fact that playing the game is such an incredible and enjoyable experience, we are going to provide some statistics and data about War Thunder so that you can see how the game has been doing on the gaming market and what you can anticipate from it in the future. Did you know that each of these four titles has been responsible for making significant financial contributions to the esports income generated by the gaming industry?
War Thunder vitals
We are going to compile all of the most important information about War Thunder into this first part in order to make it simpler for you to understand. These figures will range from the total number of users to the amount of money that the game has produced. Since the game has been around since 2012 and has received a significant amount of media coverage throughout the course of its existence, we will also put some pertinent news posts about it here.
800,000 play War Thunder everyday
- In July 2023, the game had an average of 12.1 million players participating in it per month.
- Additionally, the average number of players was at its highest level ever recorded.
- The month of January 2020 had the game’s largest ever growth of 9.6 million players.
- The month of November 2021 had the company’s largest loss of 1.2 million dollars.
- The month of March 2022 had the game’s greatest ever projected daily player count of 1.1 million players.
“Popular” is an enormous understatement to use when attempting to explain how well War Thunder has been doing in the gaming business, as it consistently maintains its high player count that very nearly surpasses one million, which is an accomplishment that very few games can claim to have achieved in today’s market. The number of monthly players is also extremely astounding, and it demonstrates just how far a well-designed product can lead a company.
War Thunder gamers destroyed 1 billion units in its first 9 months of open beta
- 638,5 million ground units were wiped out in this attack.
- There was a total loss of 275,6 million air units.
- There were three million gamers that participated in the open beta.
- Each and every day, three million ground units were wiped out.
- Every single day, there was a loss of 1.7 million air units.
- There were more than 600 million different missions performed.
- There were thirty maps, and together they covered a region that was 150,000 square miles in size.
As seen by the large number of people who participated in War Thunder’s open beta testing back in 2013, the thought of playing a game for the very first time that was similar to War Thunder was something that a lot of people were eager to do. During the course of the beta, players were ferocious and utterly destroyed land, air, and marine troops. Furthermore, players did a great deal more to promote the game and make it known to the community.
War Thunder has 12.7 million Twitch hours in 2022
- The game was aired for a total of 1.1 million hours.
- On average, 1,451 people were watching the game at the same time.
- The game was being broadcasted live on an average of 124 networks.
- The number of viewers was 11.7 to one.
- The maximum number of viewers was 34,805.
- The game was streamed by 95,290 different broadcasters all around the world.
A game like War Thunder is really excellent for Twitch since it has limitless replay value, and any fan of these games can come into a broadcast and enjoy the material. This is something that shouldn’t be anything that we need to mention, but we will say it anyway. Because of this, 2022 was War Thunder’s biggest year on Twitch. That year, it had approximately 13 million hours of content seen, which is a very high amount for a game of its kind.
War Thunder revenue sharing paid a developer $5,000 in a week
- Players who develop units have the opportunity to earn a share of the money generated by such units when sold in the shop thanks to this method.
- Daniil “Joy_Division” Zaitsev, a member of the community, is credited for developing the first aircraft to work in the new system, which was met with a great deal of success.
- A single week’s earnings for him are believed to be $5,000.
It is clear from this example that the customizability of War Thunder has been beneficial not just to Gaijin Entertainment but also to other content developers for the game. These content creators have generated a respectable amount of money simply by building vehicles inside the game that other players can buy and use in their own games.
The critical backlash against War Thunder was so severe that the studio reversed certain contentious alterations to the game’s economy.
- The creators made adjustments to the economy that would have moved the game deeper into “pay-to-win” area if they had been implemented.
- This was something that the player base did not like, and as a result, they gave the game a poor review across all platforms.
- On Steam, a rating of “Overwhelmingly Negative” was given to the game.
- Because of this, the creators were obliged to take the game down from Steam.
- In the end, the alterations were rolled back, and the game received a score of “Mostly Positive” in its subsequent reviews.
It is difficult to put into words the power that a dedicated gaming community possesses, but from this example, we can see that the War Thudner community would do anything to maintain the healthy state of their game, even going to the point of downvoting the game they love in order to get Gaijin’s attention and convince them to revert some of the changes they made to the game’s economy. This demonstrates the power that a dedicated gaming community possesses.
War Thunder not only impresses with its captivating gameplay but also excels in delivering an authentic and educational experience. Whether you are a history buff, a competitive gamer, or simply seeking an adrenaline-fueled gaming adventure, War Thunder offers a truly remarkable and ever-evolving war game experience that is sure to stand the test of time. With its growing popularity and dedicated player base, it’s evident that War Thunder will continue to be a dominant force in the gaming industry, captivating new generations of players and war history aficionados alike. So, buckle up and prepare for an exhilarating journey into the heart of historic warfare – the skies, the ground, and the seas await your command in War Thunder!