Samantha Akkineni is an Indian actress and model who predominantly works in Telugu and Tamil film industries. She has won numerous awards for her acting and is one of the highest-paid and sought-after actresses in the industry. Samantha made her debut in 2010, with the Telugu film Ye Maaya Chesave, which won her plaudits from fans and critics alike. Born to a Telugu father, Joseph Prabhu, and a Malayali mother, Ninette on 28 April 1987, Samantha Akkineni hails from Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. As in 2020, Samantha Akkineni’s age is 33 years. Check below for more deets about the actress. This page will put a light upon the Samantha Akkineni biography, wiki, age, birthday, family details, affairs, upcoming movies, controversies, rumours, lesser-known facts and more.
Samantha Akkineni Biography:
|Stage Name||Samantha Akkineni|
|Real Name||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Debut||Film: Ye Maaya Chesave (2010, Telugu film)|
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010, Tamil film)
|Birthday||28 April 1987|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Current City||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Relationships & More
|Spouse / Husband||Naga Chaitanya (Actor, m. 2017 – present)|
Educational & Qualification
|School||Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
|Eduction||Degree in Commerce|
Samantha Akkineni’s Known and Lesser Known Facts
- Samantha Akkineni was born on 28 April 1987, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Samantha Akkineni’s birthday is on 28 April 1987.
- As in 2020, Samantha Akkineni’s age is 33 years.
- Samantha Akkineni’s father name is Joseph Prabhu and Samantha Akkineni’s mother name is Ninette. She has two brothers Jonathan and David.
- The actress was facing a financial pinch in her early twenties. To get over it, she did many part-time jobs. At a later point of time, she got into modeling. There she was spotted by Ravi Varman, a cinematographer cum director, who introduced her to the Cinema industry & that’s how she became an actress.
- In 2012, due to an immune system disorder, she had to take a long break from movies; the use of antibiotics had further deteriorated her condition. Owing to this period, she lost a lot of film offers. The same year, she underwent a nose job surgery, to enhance her looks
- She founded Pratyusha Support to promote health care services in certain areas. The foundation will treat poor kids & women who are ill. Live life hospital is partnering with the NGO to carry this mission forward. This quite humane of her for most heroines of this generation are busy setting up hotels & other establishments which churn out money.
- Her father is a Telugu guy & her mother is a Malayali. However, the actress considers herself a Tamilian for she was brought up in Chennai. Due to her mixed ethnicity, she can easily be termed as a true South Indian. She has had a difficult time mastering Telugu but she has improved her Telugu diction.
- Although some friends call her Sam, her close friends & family call her Yashodha. Back when Siddharth & she were dating, Siddy called her as Yasho.
- Samantha is unquestionably a top league heroine. She put her best foot forward & pitched in a lot of effort to come to this stage. The same was the case when she was a student. She toiled very hardback in the past. And they paid off for she was a topper in her class.
- She may be a South Indian but her tastes are quite varied. She likes to grub on Sushi, a Japanese dish which is a boiled mix of raw seafood & veggies. She also likes Dairy Milk. Coming to sweets, she likes Paalakova a lot.
- Samantha made her Hindi debut in Ekk Deewana Tha which is the remake of the blockbuster Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. She played a minor but pivotal role in this film. Her role is more or less similar to her role in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. Unfortunately, the film got a cold reception upon its release and her debut went unnoticed.
- In the Telugu flick S/O Satyamurthy, Samantha’s character suffered from diabetes and craved for candies whenever her blood sugar levels plummeted. Off-screen, Samantha indeed suffered from diabetes in 2013. However, she overcame it. Two years later, she didn’t have much trouble portraying the diabetic ‘Subbalaxmi’ character in that film for she could relate it to her life.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu and the actor Siddharth began dating in 2012 while shooting for the movie Jabardasth. The couple separated in early 2015, without citing any reason for the same. The same year, the buzz had it that Samantha and Naga Chaitanya Akkineni had started dating. However, the couple only confirmed to the relationship in 2016 and announced that they would get married, probably, in 2017. All their fans were taken by surprise when the duo got engaged in a small ceremony in 2017, in the presence of immediate family members and few friends. She got married to Naga Chaitanya Akkineni in Goa as per traditional Hindu customs on 6 October 2017 and then by Christian customs on 7 October 2017
Samantha Akkineni’s Rumours / Controversies
- 👉 In September 2013, Samantha created a stir by posting a controversial tweet on her social media account. The tweet was with respect to the first poster of Mahesh Babu’s film, Nenokkadine. It read, “Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film. Not only is it deeply regressive, but its point is actually that it is deeply regressive.” The tweet did not go well with the fans of Mahesh Babu and they started criticizing and disrespecting her.
In support of Samantha, her then-boyfriend, Siddharth joined the conversation and started making derogatory comments against fans, by calling them, haters and terrorists.
The fans were unhappy to such an extent that as per topsy.com, the hashtag #GetLostSamanthaAndSiddharth received 11,000+ tweets in just five hours. The even posted another poster of the film contrary to the first poster.
Tags: Samantha Akkineni, Samantha Akkineni wiki, Samantha Akkineni bio, Samantha Akkineni photos, Samantha Akkineni news, Who is Samantha Akkineni, Shetty Shetty biography, Samantha Akkineni Photos
To report a factual error in any of the posts on FilmiFeed.com , please use this form. We endeavor to be promptly responsive in correcting errors in the material published on digital platforms. You can also use the follwoing email to report directly: