Prabhas is an Indian actor who started his acting carrier in Eeaswar which was a 2002 Telugu action drama film. His real name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati, and he was born on 23 October 1979 in Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. After 2015’s Baahubali success, Prabhas consider as an Indian national star, and he even did debut to Bollywood through Saaho.
Prabhas was born to film producer U. Suryanarayana Raju and his wife Siva Kumari. He has two siblings, an elder brother named Prabodh and an elder sister Pragathi. He is the youngest of the three children. He is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju. Prabhas did his schooling at DNR School, Bhimavaram and graduated with a B.Tech. degree from Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad.
Prabhas started his acting carrier with Eeswar in 2002. In 2003, he acted in ‘Raghavendra’ as a lead role. Further, in 2004, he had nominated for Telugu Best Actor for his ‘Varsham’ movie where he acted Venkat in the film. After 3-5 films, he had worked with Telugu film industry’ renowned director S.S. Rajamouli, in ‘Chatrapati’ which was a blockbuster hit. After the success of ‘Chatrapati’, he had given many super hit films which include Pornami, Munna, Billa, Darling, Mr Perfect, Rebel, Mirchi, Baahubali franchise, Saaho and many more.
In 2015 he appeared as Shivudu/Mahendra Baahubali and Amarendra Baahubali in S.S. Rajamouli’s epic Baahubali: The Beginning which is the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film to date. Prabhas reprised his role in its sequel, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), which became the first Indian film ever to gross over ₹1,000 crores (US$155 million) in all languages in just ten days, and it is the second highest-grossing Indian film to date. In 2019, he debuted Bollywood through Saaho, which considered as the biggest action film ever made in India. However, the film got mixed reviews from the critics as well as audiences, with the budget of 350crores, the film managed to rake estimated 424 crores as per the report.
Prabhas Lesser Known Facts
- Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati was born on 23 October 1979 in Chennai.
- His father is a film producer.
- His uncle is a famous Telugu actor Krishnam Raju Uppalapati.
- He started his career in 2002 with the film Eshwar.
- But he gained popularity with Varsham that released in 2004.
- He was linked to his ‘Varsham’ and ‘Pournami’ co-actor Trisha Krishnan.
- There were also rumours that he dated Ileana D’Cruz where she acted opposite him in 2007’s ‘Munna’.
- He was linked to Y.S Sharmila who is the younger sister of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy, leader of ysrcp Party.
- He was also linked to his Baahubali co-star Anushka Shetty which is still being continued despite the denial by the actor about the rumours.
- He is called the ‘rebel star’ because he has a very different acting style and he even calls his fans as ‘Darlings’.
- He is a very dedicated actor who has done 18 films in his 15 years career.
- He gained worldwide fame as the titular character in Baahubali movies.
- He is very good friends with Allu Arjun, Rana Daggubati.
- He won the Nandi Award in 2013 for his role in Mirchi.
- He appeared as a cameo in a song in Action Jackson(Hindi).
- He is one of the most humble and down-to-earth stars in the Telugu film industry as well as the Indian film industry.