Born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, he was chosen to head the Catholic Church in 2005 and in 2013, he became the first pope to resign since the 1400s. Pope Benedict XVI is a German. Born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger, he was elected to lead the Catholic Church in 2005. Before he became Pope, he was the head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Among its other responsibilities, this congregation was in charge of investigating any allegations of sexual abuse that were made against members of the Catholic Church. Born on April 16, 1927, Pope Benedict XVI hails from Berlin, Germany. As in 2023, Pope Benedict XVI's age is 96 years. Check below for more deets about Pope Benedict XVI. This page will put a light upon the Pope Benedict XVI bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Pope Benedict XVI Profile:
|Stage Name||Pope Benedict XVI|
|Real Name||Pope Benedict XVI|
|Birthday||April 16, 1927|
|Hometown||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
Pope Benedict XVI Family
Family and Personal Life
Pope Benedict XVI‘ father’s name is Not Available and Pope Benedict XVI‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Pope Benedict XVI Trivia
- Pope Benedict XVI was born in Berlin, Germany.
- Pope Benedict XVI’s birth sign is Aries.
- He spent his childhood in Traunstein, Germany, and despite the opposition of his family to the Nazi Party, he was forced to serve in the Hitler Youth as a member of the Hitler Youth. In 1951, he was given the ordination necessary to become a priest in his home state of Bavaria.
- During World War II, he was conscripted into the German army; however, an illness in one of his fingers prevented him from serving on the front lines.
- Maria and Joseph Ratzinger Sr., both of his parents, were victims of Nazi persecution. After deserting his regiment in 1945, he went home, but was taken into custody by Americans who had set up a camp in his home. He was subsequently imprisoned in a prisoner of war camp.