Nathaniel Hawthorne is an American, Renowned American novelist and short story writer who is best known for The Scarlet Letter and The House of the Seven Gables. His psychologically and morally complex works exemplify the literary genre of Dark Romanticism. Nathaniel Hawthorne was born on July 4, 1804 in Massachusetts, United States. Nathaniel Hawthorne died on May 19, 1864 at the age of 59 years in United States. Check below for more deets about Nathaniel Hawthorne. This page will put a light upon the Nathaniel Hawthorne bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Nathaniel Hawthorne Profile:
|Stage Name||Nathaniel Hawthorne|
|Real Name||Nathaniel Hawthorne|
|Birthday||July 4, 1804|
|Death||Died on May 19, 1864 (159 years ago) (Age: 59 years) in United States|
|Birthplace||Massachusetts, United States|
|Hometown||Massachusetts, Massachusetts, United States|
Nathaniel Hawthorne Family
Family and Personal Life
Nathaniel Hawthorne‘ father’s name is Not Available and Nathaniel Hawthorne‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Nathaniel Hawthorne Trivia
- Nathaniel Hawthorne was born in Massachusetts, United States.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne’s birth sign is Cancer.
- He graduated from Bowdoin College in 1825 and subsequently secured work as editor of the American Magazine of Useful and Entertaining Knowledge. His earliest published works include such short stories as “Young Goodman Brown” and “The Minister’s Black Veil.”
- He met Abraham Lincoln in the early years of the American Civil War and mentioned the meeting in an 1862 essay entitled ‘Chiefly About War Matters.’
- He was born in Salem, Massachusetts, the descendant of a judge (John Hathorne) who had presided over the infamous Salem Witch Trials. Hawthorne married transcendentalist and illustrator, Sophia Peabody, in 1842. The couple welcomed three children–Una, Julian, and Rose– between 1844 and 1851.