Markus Zusak is an Australian, This Australian author of fiction has received a number of awards for his work, including the Margaret A. Edwards Award from the American Library Association and the Book of the Year Award from the Children’s Book Council of Australia. He is best known for his books for young adults, The Messenger and The Book Thief, both of which have become international bestsellers. Born on June 23, 1975, Markus Zusak hails from Sydney, Australia. As in 2023, Markus Zusak's age is 48 years. Check below for more deets about Markus Zusak. This page will put a light upon the Markus Zusak bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Markus Zusak Profile:
|Stage Name||Markus Zusak|
|Real Name||Markus Zusak|
|Profession(s)||Young Adult Author,|
|Birthday||June 23, 1975|
|Hometown||Sydney, Sydney, Australia|
Markus Zusak Family
Family and Personal Life
Markus Zusak‘ father’s name is Not Available and Markus Zusak‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Markus Zusak Trivia
- Markus Zusak was born in Sydney, Australia.
- Markus Zusak’s birth sign is Cancer.
- After receiving degrees in history and English from the University of New South Wales, he looked for a publisher for his first book aimed at young adults and eventually settled on one for The Underdog.
- The Book Thief was able to earn the highly sought number one slot on the bestseller list published by the New York Times, where it remained for more than eight years. The Book Thief has been translated into over forty different languages, is now number one on the Amazon rankings, and has been among the top 10 best-selling books on every continent.
- He and his three elder brothers were raised in Sydney, Australia, by their Austrian father and German mother. Their mother was originally from Germany. He married Mika Zusak and he has two children.