During her four-year career, the American musician Janis Joplin had five songs that charted, one of which was titled “Me and Bobby McGee.” Joplin is considered an icon of psychedelic rock from the 1960s and is noted for her gritty sound. One of her road managers named John Cooke discovered her body at the Landmark Motor Hotel in Hollywood, California. She had passed away there. Janis Joplin was born on January 19, 1943 in Port Arthur, United States. Janis Joplin died on October 4, 1970 at the age of 27 years in United States. Check below for more deets about Janis Joplin. This page will put a light upon the Janis Joplin bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Janis Joplin Profile:
|Stage Name||Janis Joplin|
|Real Name||Janis Joplin|
|Birthday||January 19, 1943|
|Death||Died on October 4, 1970 (53 years ago) (Age: 27 years) in United States|
|Birthplace||Port Arthur, United States|
|Hometown||Port Arthur, Texas, United States|
Janis Joplin Family
Family and Personal Life
Janis Joplin‘ father’s name is Not Available and Janis Joplin‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Janis Joplin Trivia
- Janis Joplin was born in Port Arthur, United States.
- Janis Joplin’s birth sign is Capricorn.
- She went to Lamar State College of Technology and the University of Texas for a little while, but she did not finish her study at either institution.
- Her legacy consists of songs like “Mercedes Benz,” which criticises excessive materialism, and “Piece of My Heart,” which is a sentimental ballad.
- Her younger siblings were a sister by the name of Laura Joplin and a brother by the name of Michael Joplin. Her death was brought on by an overdose of heroin.