Jacob Grimm was German. Along with his brother Wilhelm, with whom he formed the Brothers Grimm, he is credited with co-authoring a number of well-known fairytales, including “Hansel and Gretel” and “Snow White.” His best-known works are Kinder-und Hausmarchen (Grimms’ Fairy Tales) and Deutsche Mythologie. He was also a well-known philologist in addition to being a mythologist, and he was the author of the extensive German dictionary known as the Deutsches Worterbuch. Jacob Grimm was born on January 4, 1785 in Hanau, Germany. Jacob Grimm died on September 20, 1863 at the age of 78 years in Germany. Check below for more deets about Jacob Grimm. This page will put a light upon the Jacob Grimm bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Jacob Grimm Profile:
|Stage Name||Jacob Grimm|
|Real Name||Jacob Grimm|
|Birthday||January 4, 1785|
|Death||Died on September 20, 1863 (160 years ago) (Age: 78 years) in Germany|
|Hometown||Hanau, Hanau, Germany|
Jacob Grimm Family
Family and Personal Life
Jacob Grimm‘ father’s name is Not Available and Jacob Grimm‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Jacob Grimm Trivia
- Jacob Grimm was born in Hanau, Germany.
- Jacob Grimm’s birth sign is Capricorn.
- He received his legal education at the University of Marburg, where he was also exposed to the fields of history and philosophy, which were influential to him. He published his first book, Über dem altdeutschen Meistergesang, in 1811.
- Beginning in the year 1840, he was a professor at the University of Berlin.
- He never tied the knot, and for a period he shared a home with his brother Wilhelm, who was also a creative partner.