Hersha Parady is an American actress who began her career in regional theatre before moving to Hollywood to pursue acting on television and in film. She is best known for her role as Alice Garvey in the beloved television series Little House on the Prairie. Hersha Parady was born on May 25, 1945 in Berea, United States. Hersha Parady died on August 23, 2023 at the age of 78 years in Norfolk. Check below for more deets about Hersha Parady. This page will put a light upon the Hersha Parady bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Hersha Parady Profile:
|Stage Name||Hersha Parady|
|Real Name||Hersha Parady|
|Birthday||May 25, 1945|
|Death||Died on August 23, 2023 (0 year ago) (Age: 78 years) in Norfolk|
|Birthplace||Berea, United States|
|Hometown||Berea, Ohio, United States|
Hersha Parady Family
Family and Personal Life
Hersha Parady‘ father’s name is Not Available and Hersha Parady‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Hersha Parady Trivia
- Hersha Parady was born in Berea, United States.
- Hersha Parady’s birth sign is Gemini.
- Hersha Parady is an American actress who started her career in regional theatre before heading to Hollywood to seek a career in television and film acting. She is well recognized for her portrayal as Alice Garvey in the hit television show Little House on the Prairie.
- At the age of 14, Parady started performing in Cleveland area theatre performances before migrating to the West Coast in the early 1970s. She scored a part in a touring production of A Streetcar Named Desire starring Jon Voight and started appearing on television in guest appearances on Mannix, Bearcats!, and The Waltons.
- Although Parady was considered for the role of Caroline Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie, Karen Grassle ultimately won the role. However, in a 1976 episode of the program, Parady played Charles’ sister-in-law, Eliza Anne Ingalls, and in 1977, she was cast as Alice Garvey, the wife of Merlin Olsen’s character, in the show’s fourth season. She portrayed the part until 1980, when her character was murdered in a fire that Albert Ingalls mistakenly started.
- After Little House on the Prairie, Parady had just a few television appearances, including a cameo on Kenan & Kel. She was formerly married to Academy Award-winning producer John Peverall, with whom she had a son called Jonathan.
- Parady is still active in the theatre, where she has won three Best Actress Awards. She presently resides in Florida and stays active in the Little House on the Prairie community, attending reunions with other cast members. She was close to Patrick Labyorteaux and his brother Matthew Labyorteaux, who portrayed her on-screen sons Andrew Garvey and Albert Ingalls, and was acquainted with fellow Little House performers Katherine MacGregor, Richard Bull, and Dabbs Greer until their deaths.