Dwayne Douglas Johnson, popularly known by his ring name, The Rock, is an American-Canadian actor, producer, investor and retired professional wrestler. Before starting an acting career, was a professional wrestler for the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) for eight years. He made his first acting debut in The Mummy Returns (2001) and played the role of the scorpion king. He has won 17 WWE titles. Dwayne has been declared the world’s highest-paid actor in 2019 by magazine Forbes. He topped the list with the earnings of $89.4 million followed by stalwarts like Chris Hemsworth ($76.4 million) and Robert Downey Jr. ($66 million). Let’s check out more interesting deets about Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.
Dwayne Johnson Early Life and Education:
Dwayne Johnson was born on 2 May 1972, in Hayward, California, the U.S. As of 2021, Dwayne Johnson’s age is 49 years. Dwayne Johnson’s father name is Rocky Johnson and Dwayne Johnson’s mother name is Ata Johnson. He has one brother, Curtis Bowles and one sister Wanda Bowles. He did his schooling at Richmond Road Primary School, New Zealand and President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Later, he joined the University of Miami for further studies where he completed his Qualifications Bachelor of General Studies degree in Criminology and Physiology.
Dwayne Johnson Careers:
He started his career as a football player. After graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of General Studies in criminology and physiology, he signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League as a linebacker. He was assigned to the practice roster but was cut two months into the season.
After his football career, Johnson decided to pursue a career as a professional wrestler. Veteran wrestler Pat Patterson got Johnson several tryout matches with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 1996. Under his real name, he defeated The Brooklyn Brawler at a house show on March 10. and lost matches to Chris Candido and Owen Hart. After wrestling at Jerry Lawler’s United States Wrestling Association as Flex Kavana and winning the USWA World Tag Team Championship twice with Bart Sawyer in the summer of 1996, Johnson signed a WWF contract. He made his WWF debut as Rocky Maivia. He became quite popular amongst audiences with his unique style of wrestling. In the beginning, he was reluctant to take this ring name but was convinced by Vince McMahon and Jim Ross. He played wrestling constantly until 2004.
Dwayne Johnson made his film debut as lead actor in The Scorpion King in 2002 for which he was paid the US $5.5 million, a world record for an actor in his first starring role. Over his acting career, he has become one of the highest-paid and most successful actors in Hollywood. He returned to the WWE for the part-time in 2011 until 2013.
Dwayne Johnson Early Personal life:
Johnson is half-Black and half-Samoan. His father, Rocky Johnson (1944-2020), was a Black Canadian, from Nova Scotia, and part of the first Black tag team champions in WWE history along with Tony Atlas. His mother is Samoan and the daughter of Peter Maivia, who was also a pro wrestler. Maivia’s wife, Lia, was the first female pro wrestling promoter, taking over Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling after her husband’s death in 1982, until 1988. Through his grandfather Maivia, Johnson is considered a non-blood relative to the Anoa’i wrestling family.
Johnson married Dany García on May 3, 1997. They have one child. On June 1, 2007, they announced they were splitting up amicably. Johnson then began dating Lauren Hashian, daughter of Boston drummer Sib Hashian. They first met in 2006 while Johnson was filming The Game Plan. Hashian and Johnson were married on August 18, 2019, in Hawaii. They have two children.
As of 2014, Johnson has a home in Southwest Ranches, Florida, as well as Los Angeles, California. He also owns a farm in Virginia. In 2009, Johnson gained citizenship in Canada in honour of his father’s background. Though Johnson was previously registered as a Republican, he voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 and 2012 United States presidential elections and is now an independent voter.
Dwayne Johnson’s Known and Lesser Known Facts
- Johnson carried off the Intercontinental Championship twice and the WWF Tag Team Championship five times. Johnson is the sixth Triple Crown Champion in the history of WWE and has won also the 2000 Royal Rumble. He is widely received as one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all time.
- Apart From wrestling, he also set foot in the music world. In the year 2000, he appeared for the short period of time in Wyclef jean’s single “It Doesn’t Matter” and in its video too. He also recorded for WWF The Music, Vol 5.
- He even hosted Saturday Night Live with fellow wrestlers Mike Foley, Triple H and The Big Show appearing in the show. He attributes the success of this show for him getting offers from the Hollywood studios.
- In the year 2006, he set up Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation for the betterment of terminally ill children.
- Time listed him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016.
- Muscle & Fitness named Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as their “Man of the Century” in 2015.
- He officially announced his retirement from professional wrestling on August 3, 2019.
- Rocky has had 17 championship reigns in WWE – 10 WWE championships; 2 Intercontinental Championship and 5 Tag Team Championships.
- His distinctive feature is his eyebrow trademark.
Dwayne Johnson’s Rumours / Controversies
- 👉 In August 2016, Dwayne Johnson slammed his male Fast & Furious 8 co-stars in a furious rant on Facebook describing them as “candy asses”.
Dwayne Johnson Biography:
|Stage Name||Dwayne Johnson, The Rock|
|Real Name||Dwayne Douglas Johnson|
|Profession(s)||Actor, producer, professional wrestler|
|Birthday||2 May 1972|
|Birthplace||Hayward, California, USA|
|Height||6′ 5″ (1.96m)|
|Parents||Father: Rocky Johnson|
|Mother: Ata Johnson|
|Sibling(s)||Brother(s): Curtis Bowles|
|Sister(s): Wanda Bowles|
Relationships & More
|Spouse / Wife||
|Children||Simone Alexandra Johnson (from Dany García), Jasmine Johnson and Tiana (both from Lauren Hashian)|
Educational & Qualification
|School||Richmond Road Primary School, New Zealand
President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii
|College||University of Miami|
|Eduction||Bachelor of General Studies degree in Criminology and Physiology|
Tags: Dwayne Johnson, Dwayne Johnson wiki, Dwayne Johnson bio, Dwayne Johnson photos, Who is Dwayne Johnson, Shetty Shetty biography, Dwayne Johnson Photos,
To report a factual error in any of the posts on FilmiFeed.com, please use this form. We endeavor to be promptly responsive in correcting errors in the material published on digital platforms. You can also use the follwoing email to report directly: