Angie Martinez is an American rapper, actress and radio personality who has rapped on songs such as “If I Could Go” and “Not Tonight”. She was nicknamed “The Voice of New York” during her two-decade tenure at New York City station HOT 97 (WQHT). In 2014, she joined crosstown competitor Power 105.1 (WWPR). Born on January 9, 1971, Angie Martinez hails from Brooklyn, United States. As in 2023, Angie Martinez's age is 52 years. Check below for more deets about Angie Martinez. This page will put a light upon the Angie Martinez bio, wiki, age, birthday, family details, dating, trivia, photos, lesser-known facts, and more.
Angie Martinez Profile:
|Stage Name||Angie Martinez|
|Real Name||Angie Martinez|
|Birthday||January 9, 1971|
|Birthplace||Brooklyn, United States|
|Hometown||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
Angie Martinez Family
Family and Personal Life
Angie Martinez‘ father’s name is Not Available and Angie Martinez‘ mother’s name is Not Available.
Angie Martinez Trivia
- Angie Martinez was born in Brooklyn, United States.
- Angie Martinez’s birth sign is Capricorn.
- She got her first radio job at the age of sixteen, answering phones for the station WQHT.
- Angie’s afternoon radio show is one of the most highly rated shows in the country among young people.
- She hosted the Afternoon Drive weekdays, alongside HOT 97’s DJ Enuff, where she interviewed the biggest names in music such as Jay-Z and Mariah Carey.
- As an actress, Angie received small roles in independent hip hop films such as “Blood Is Thicker Than Water” and “Paper Soldiers”.
- In 2001, she released her delayed debut album, ‘Up Close and Personal’.
- Angie was hired to be a judge on the second season of “American Idol” in 2002.
- She won the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Marconi Radio Award for “Major Market Personality of the Year” in 2018.
- Angie was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 2020.