Ambareesh was an Indian actor, media personality and politician from the State of Karnataka. Alongside Rajkumar and Vishnuvardhan, he is counted in Kannada cinema’s “triumvirate” as its most celebrated actors. He was born as Malavalli Huchche Gowda Amarnath in Doddarasinakere village of Mandya district in the erstwhile Mysore State (now Karnataka). He changed his name to Ambareesh when debuting into the big screen.
Early Life and Careers:
Ambareesh was the sixth of seven children to Huche Gowda and Padmamma. His granduncle was the violinist, Chowdiah. Ambareesh completed his schooling in Mandya before moving to Saraswathipuram in Mysore for higher studies.
He was an unsociable factor with a group of associates at the Maharani’s College Mysore. He was more inclined to make his career in the film industry since his childhood. For his debut film, he first gave the screen test, and during this screening he had to exhibit the unique style to cast for this film, he was succeeded to impress the film casting team. Despite he was cast in the Puttanna Kanagal’s film Naagarahaavu-1972 as Jaleela.In, which he played a supporting role. In 1974, he made his acting debut in Hindi films from the film Zehreela Insaan starring Moushumi Chatterjee, Rishi Kapoor, and Neetu Singh.
Ambareesh joined the Indian National Congress (INC) ahead of the assembly election in 1994. He campaigned for the party in the election after having been “too late to be given a ticket”. However, he was met with a lukewarm reception from the public having been “greeted with slippers and rotten vegetables at a couple of public meetings.” He quit the party two years later after being denied a ticket to contest the 1996 general election. Ambareesh subsequently joined the Janata Dal and contested the 1998 general election from Mandya. He won the seat upon polling 431,439 votes against 250,916 for the INC candidate.
In 1999, Ambareesh rejoined the INC and contested in five elections since. He served as minister of state for Information and Broadcasting in the 14th Lok Sabha, but resigned over his dissatisfaction with the Cauvery Dispute Tribunal award, though the resignation was not formally accepted. He was defeated in the May 2009 General Elections. He helped in elections for H.D. Kumaraswamy (in Kanakapura parliament election in the 1990s), S.M. Krishna (1999) and K.R. Pete Krishna.
During the course of his public life, he held the following positions:
- Member, 12th Lok Sabha: 1998–1999
- Member, 13th Lok Sabha: 1999–2004
- Member, 14th Lok Sabha: 2004–2009
- Minister of State, in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, from 24 October 2006 to 2008.
- Resigned as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, protesting against the injustice done to Karnataka by Kaveri dispute tribunal in 2008.
- Ex-Minister in Karnataka Government in the Ministry of Housing (Vasathi)
- Resigned MP position during Cauvery River issue without fighting member of parliament.
When it comes to his personal life, he married Sumalatha Amabreesh on 8 December 1972. Ambareesh developed a friendship with actress Sumalatha after they first met at the sets of the Kannada film Aahuti in 1984. They grew closer during 1987 when they worked together again with New Delhi. After two years they got married. The couple has a son, Abhishek Amabreesh, who is also an actor.
Ambareesh had breathing problems in 2014 and was hospitalized frequently. On 24 November 2018, he was taken to a private hospital in Bangalore after he suffered from a cardiac arrest at his residence. However, on the same day, he took his last breath.
|Real Name||Malavalli Huchche Gowda Amarnath|
|Birthday||29 May 1952|
|Died||24 November 2018 (aged 66)|
|Father Name||Huche Gowda|
|Siblings||He had 6 siblings|
|Birthplace||Doddarasinakere, Mandya, Karnataka|
|Hometown||Doddarasinakere, Mandya, Karnataka|
|Debut film||Naagarahaavu (Supporting role, Kannada, 1972)|
|Spouse name||Sumalatha Amabreesh|
|Hobbies & Interest||Dance, Singing, Reading, Watching movies,|
|Ambareesh Mobile Number||N.A.|
Will be updated soon
Ambareesh’s Lesser Known Facts
- Ambareesh was born on29 May 1952in Mandya, Karnataka.
- Ambareesh died on24 November 2018in Bangalore, Karnataka at the age of 66.
- Ambareesh’s father name is Hucche Gowda and mother name is Padmamma.
- Ambareesh was the sixth of seven children to his parents.
- Ambareesh’s debut film was ‘Nagarahaavu’ in 1972, which also starred Dr Vishnuvardhan in the lead role.
- Ambareesh married Sumalatha Amabreesh on 8 December 1991.
- On 3 October 1993, Amabreesh and Sumaltha blessed with a baby boy and named Abhishek to their son.
- He Received the NTR National Award for the year 2005
- In 2013, he awarded as the Honorary Doctorate from the Karnataka University, Dharwad.
Additional information about Ambareesh
- Does Ambareesh know cooking? -Yes
- Does Ambareesh smoke? – Yes
- Does Ambareesh drinks alcohol? – Heavy
- Does Ambareesh go to the gym? – No
- Who is Ambareesh’s first crush? – Not revealed.
- Who is Ambareesh’s girlfriend ( Ambareesh’s lover)? – Sumalatha.
- Who is Ambareesh’s Wife? – Sumalatha Amabreesh
- Ambareesh’s official Instagram account is Instagram
- Ambareesh’s official/fan Facebook page is Facebook
- Ambareesh’s mobile number is N.A.
- Ambareesh’s email address N.A.
- Ambareesh’s shoe size is 8.5.
- Ambareesh’s height is 5.7″