Aishwarya Rai (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan) is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Hindi film industry. Notably, she also worked in Hollywood, Tamil, Telugu and Bengali film industries. She won the Miss World 1994 pageant. Through her successful acting career, she has established herself as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India. Aishwarya Rai was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012. She has often been cited in the media as “the most beautiful woman in the world”.
Early Life and Careers:
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was born on 01 November 1973 to a Tulu speaking Bunts family in Mangalore, Karnataka. Her father, Krishnaraj, who died on 18 March 2017, was an Army biologist, while her mother, Vrinda, is a homemaker. She has one elder brother, Aditya Rai, who is an engineer in the merchant navy. She did her schooling in Arya Vidya Mandir High School, Mumbai. And she did her intermediate schooling at Jai Hind College for a year. Later joined DG Ruparel College in Matunga, securing 90 per cent in the HSC exams. She trained in classical dance and music for five years during her teens.
Her favourite subject was zoology, so she initially considered a career in medicine. Then with plans to become an architect, she enrolled at Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture, However, she later gave up her education to pursue a career in modelling.
In 1991, Aishwarya Rai won an international supermodel contest and was eventually featured in the American edition of Vogue. In 1993, Rai gained huge public recognition for her appearance in a Pepsi commercial with actors Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry. The single line – “Hi, I’m Sanjana,” of her dialogue in the commercial made her instantly famous. In the 1994 Miss India pageant, she won second place, behind Sushmita Sen, and was crowned Miss India World, also winning five other sub-titles, “Miss Catwalk”, “Miss Miraculous”, “Miss Photogenic”, “Miss Perfect Ten” and “Miss Popular”. With Sen representing India at the Miss Universe pageant, Rai’s duties as the first runner-up included representing India in the rival Miss World Pageant, held that year in Sun City, South Africa. She went on to win the crown where she also won the “Miss Photogenic” award and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty − Asia and Oceania. After winning the pageant, Rai spoke of her dream for peace for this world, and her desire to be an ambassador of peace during her one-year reign in London. She then became fulltime actress in the showbiz industry.
Her first film was Iruvar Tamil movie which was also dubbed into Telugu as Iddaru. The movie was directed by Mani Ratnam which released in 1997. In the same year, she also made a debut to Bollywood with Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya where she paired opposite Bobby Deol. After a few Tamil and Telugu, Aishwarya Rai settled down in Bollywood. Some of her films might not be a commercial success, however, her performances were praised by critics as well as audiences.
Aishwarya Rai will next be in Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan Tamil movie which scheduled to release in 2021.
When it comes to her personal life, Aiswarya Rai got married to actor Abhishek Bachchan in 2007; the couple has one daughter, Aaradhya.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ Personal Info:
|Real Name||Aishwarya Rai|
|Stage Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Birthday||1 November 1973|
|Father Name||Krishnaraj Rai|
|Mother Name||Vrinda Rai|
|Sibling(s)||Aditya Rai (Elder Brother)|
|Current City||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir High School, Mumbai|
|College||DG Ruparel College, Matunga|
|Debut||Iruvar Tamil Movie (1997),
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya Hindi Movie (1997)
|Spouse name||Abhishek Bachchan|
|Hobbies & Interest||Dance, Reading, Watching movies, Travelling|
|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Instagram|
|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Facebook||Facebook Fan Page|
|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Twitter|
|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Youtube||Youtube|
|Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Mobile Number||N.A.|
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Lesser Known Facts / Rumors/ Controversies
- Aishwarya Rai has sued the magazine ‘Star and Style’ for a sum of Rs 2 crores for printing an article claiming that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising
position at the poolside of a five-star hotel.
- During the filming of the music video ‘Dola Re Dola’ from the movie Devdas (2002), Aishwarya’s ears were bleeding due to the heavy earrings she had to wear. But she continued to shoot anyway.
- She is a trained classical dancer. She learnt classical dance and music for five years
while in her teens.
- She was the Coca Cola Girl for the Middle Eastern countries.
- Aishwarya Rai loves collecting varieties of watches.
- She was once the highest-paid actress in Bollywood.
- Despite the fact that she is adorned in jewellery in her music videos and movies, she is apparently not too fond of it.
- Aishwarya Rai is the first Indian actress to be on the jury of the Cannes International Film Festival
- She has achieved icon status all over South Asia.
- She turned down the lead in Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003). The role was given to ‘ Gracy Singh’.
- Aishwarya Rai was the first choice for Mastani in the film Bajirao Mastani.
- The first movie star she ever met was Rekha. Aishwarya was still in high school at the time and was a model. While at a grocery store with her mother, Aishwarya was tapped on the shoulder by none other than Rekha herself. Rekha recognized Aishwarya from her modelling ads. She complimented the young Aishwarya on her good looks and wished her all the best.
- She is fluent in the languages English, Hindi, Tulu, and Tamil.
- Aamir Khan and Aishwarya Rai are the only stars to advertise for both Coca Cola and Pepsi.
- Before she was famous, she auditioned for voice dubbing for a television serial and was rejected.
- After winning the title of Miss World in 1994, the host of the event, Richard Steinmetz, actually asked Aishwarya out. But being a professional, she refused right away.
- In 2004, Aishwarya became the first Bollywood and Indian actress to have her own statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She has over 17,000 websites dedicated to her.
- Rajeev Mulchandani, Salman Khan(1999-2001), Vivek Oberoi are her ex-boyfriends. She happily married to Abhishek Bachchan in 2007.
- During the shooting of her film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman, after which she suffered severe cuts.
- She had a photograph with Ranbir Kapoor in 1998, and 18 years later in 2016, they came together in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
Additional information about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan know cooking? – Yes
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan smoke? – Not known.
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan drinks alcohol? – Not known.
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan go to the gym? – Yes.
- Who is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s boyfriend ( Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s lover)? – Rajeev Mulchandani, Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Abhisheka Bachchan.
- Who is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s husband? – Abhishek Bachchan.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s shoe size is 8.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s height is 5’8″
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ father name is Krishnaraj Rai.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ mother name is Vrinda Rai.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ elder brother name is Aditya Rai.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ birthday date is 1 November 1973.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ age is 47 years.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ hometown is Mangalore, Karnataka.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ mother tongue is Tulu.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’ debut film was Iruvar Tamil movie which released in 1997.
To report a factual error in any of the posts on FilmiFeed.com, please use this form. We endeavor to be promptly responsive in correcting errors in the material published on digital platforms. You can also use the follwoing email to report directly: